In our modern generation today, everyone has their own website which users could always look up to Google, yahoo, bing and any other search engine to know more about your business. Nowadays, having a website in your business is an A+ for the potential client or customer. But what if you’re not into creating websites because you just don’t know where to start. Hooray! You have come to the right place. Upon finishing this blog tutorial you will be able to create your own website in just a few minutes.
What do you need?
To be able to create and run your website online, you will need the following:
- Domain name
- Web Host
- Content and images for your website
A domain name is your website name. Before you buy a domain name, you must have a unique website name in your mind already. Usually or most likely your domain name could be your business name, your full name(if you’re creating a portfolio website) or any name that relates to the website that you are creating.
Where to buy your domain name? There are a lot of domain provider, in no particular order you can choose from the following list:
Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers. When Internet users want to view your website, all they need to do is type your website address or domain into their browser. Their computer will then connect to your server and your webpages will be delivered to them through the browser. Read more here
Where to buy your web host? This is usually the same provider in buying your domain name. You can choose with the following list of web hosting provider:
Once you have your domain name and web host, you can now start setting up your WordPress website. Make sure you have everything you need to put in yout website such as your logo, content and images to make your website look nice and presentable.
Setting up WordPress on your web host
- Download WordPress CMS here
- Go to your download folder
- Extract wordpress zip file.
- Go inside wordpress extracted folder and zip inside
- Upload your file in cpanel.
Uploading wordpress file to cpanel
- Login to your web hosting provider to access your control panel
- Once you’re in, go to your My Account page and select Web Hosting.
- Look for cpanel and login to your cpanel account
- After you login to cpanel you will be able to see the dashboard
- Click File Manager under Files section. Make sure you are on public_html folder
- Click upload folder located at the top of the page .
- Select file or drag and drop the file to start uploading the wordpress site.
- Once upload is complete go back to the file manager and extract the zip file.
- You have now completed the uploading of your files to your cpanel. Now lets get to the database part.
Setting up your database
- Login to your cpanel account
- Click the MySQL Database under the Databases heading.
- Next to New Database enter a name for your database and click Next Step.
- Next to Username enter a username.Enter a password next to Password, enter it again for Password (Again) and then click Create User.
- On the next page, you’ll assign privileges for the user to the database. Check the box next to All Privileges and then click Next Step.
- Congratulations! Now, you know how to successfully create a database.
Run the installation
- Open a new browser window and go to the installation page to run the installation script. Depending on where you installed the script, you will find it at either of the following URLs:
- You should now see a welcome page that says “Welcome to the famous five minute WordPress installation process!”
- On this page, fill in the fields for:
– Site Name
– Password (needs to be entered twice)
– Email address (login information will be sent to this email address)
– Select whether or not to have the search engines index the site
- Click Install Now, and you should be taken to the final screen, showing the following message:
“Success! WordPress has been installed.”